Welcome! I’m Kathy Schwalbe, Ph.D., PMP, and mother of three! My passion is educating project leaders to make the world a better place.
My 7th edition is for sale (August 31, 2021). See what’s new here.
- Order An Introduction to Project Management, Seventh Edition (based on the 2021 and 2017 PMBOK® Guides) from amazon.com and amazon.ca (as well as amazon for other countries) in paperback or Kindle format.
- Order an ebook for as little as $38 from redshelf.com. You can read the whole ebook offline, highlight text, create flashcards, have text read to you, etc. Type 4 by the magnifying glass in the upper right within Redshelf to go to the brief TOC, and 5 for the start of the detailed TOC.
- Read a preview of the first chapter of my new seventh edition Schwalbe Intro PM 7e sample chapter 1
- Order An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition (based on the 2017 PMBOK® Guide) from amazon.com or amazon.ca. Order an ebook for as little as $38 from redshelf.com.
- 6eChapter 1 pdf for An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition.
- 2018pmtemplates (one compressed file with over 50 files in Word, Excel, etc.) and more_templates (zip file with modified templates created by Rhett Smith, Adjunct instructor at Appalachian State University, added May 30, 2019). Feel free to modify templates to meet your needs.
- Free Microsoft Project Guides, files, videos, link to free 30-day trial, and other info. If your school already has Office 365, check if you also have Project or request that they add it. Check out other free tools with no time limit like Project Libre, Basecamp, and Jira. More info here.
- Sample syllabus for the sixth edition. Feel free to modify for your class.
- Note: My books are derivative works of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide – Sixth and Seventh Editions).
- Click here for more info on the new PMP exam as of January 2, 2021. Our daughter passed it in March 2021 and didn’t think it was that bad. She did take a review course by an authorized provider. She helped write a new chapter in my seventh edition about preparing for the exam.
Click on the tabs for additional information. The Links tab has lots of great free information.
“The global economy needs 25 million new project professionals by 2030.” Read PMI’s 2021 Talent Gap report.
In mid 2020 LinkedIn lists project management jobs as #3 in the top 10 jobs identified as having the greatest number of openings, steady growth, and a livable wage. See their free courses and job listings.