- Order An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition (based on the 2017 PMBOK® Guide) from amazon.com or amazon.ca. As part of the Kindle Matchbook program, if you buy the paperback from amazon.com (new books and U.S. only), you get the kindle version for FREE.
- Order a digital rental for as little as $38 from redshelf.com. Universities should contact redshelf about their inclusive access program.
- 6eChapter 1 pdf for An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition.
- Now free: A Brief Guide to Project 2016. Also get free versions for Project 2013 and 2010 guides.
- 2018pmtemplates (one compressed file with over 50 files in Word, Excel, etc.).
- more_templates (zip file with modified templates created by Rhett Smith, Adjunct instructor at Appalachian State University, added May 30, 2019). Feel free to modify templates to meet your needs.
- Microsoft Project 2013 files and the new-project2016files (Note that the tracking.mpp file was added in Nov 2018. Use that file to start the section on “Entering Baseline Plan, Actual Costs, and Actual Times). Here’s a link to download a free trial of Project Online Professional. You can still follow the instructions in my book with this version. Simply open the template files provided, and they should open in Project Online. Here’s a link to slight changes made in 2019 from Microsoft. Here’s another link with videos about Project Online. Also consider using Basecamp – totally online and free for educators with no expiration.
- Sample syllabus for the sixth edition. Feel free to modify for your class.
- Note about PMP® exam changes July 2020 (moved back from December 2019): The new exam is still based on the current PMBOK® Guide. Here’s a link to PMI’s site for info on exam changes. The exam content crossover map found from this link summarizes changes. Most of the new topics are in my current book (servant leadership, knowledge transfer, emotional intelligence, project methodologies, agile, etc.). Here’s another link to check for updates as well and a podcast from PMI on the new exam.
- A new edition of my book will come out when there is a new PMBOK® Guide, currently planned for September 2021. I am no longer selling copies of older editions per PMI’s request.
- Click on the tabs for additional information and resources.
“By 2027, employers will need 87.7 million individuals working in project management-oriented roles.” Read PMI’s 2017 Job Growth and Talent Gap report. “22 million new project-oriented jobs will be created between 2017 and 2027.” Read PMI’s 2018 Jobs Report.