Sep 18, 2020: See resources under the new Agile tab above.
Note to all users of my book: Please provide your suggestions for the next edition coming out later this year. Thanks! Kathy – email@example.com
- Order An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition (based on the 2017 PMBOK® Guide) from amazon.com or amazon.ca.
- Order an ebook for as little as $38 from redshelf.com. You can now read the whole ebook offline. You can highlight text, create flashcards, have text read to you, etc. through Redshelf’s interface. Universities should contact redshelf about their inclusive access program.
- 6eChapter 1 pdf for An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition.
- 2018pmtemplates (one compressed file with over 50 files in Word, Excel, etc.) and more_templates (zip file with modified templates created by Rhett Smith, Adjunct instructor at Appalachian State University, added May 30, 2019). Feel free to modify templates to meet your needs.
- Free Microsoft Project Guides, videos, link to free 30-day trial, and other info. If your school already has Office 365, check if you also have Project or request that they add it. Check out other free tools with no time limit like Basecamp and Jira.
- Sample syllabus for the sixth edition. Feel free to modify for your class.
- Note: My books are derivative works of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). I will publish new editions of my books after PMI publishes the final PMBOK®Guide, Seventh Edition.
- Click here for more info on the new PMP exam as of January 2, 2021.
Click on the tabs for additional information. The Links tab has lots of great free information.
“By 2027, employers will need 87.7 million individuals working in project management-oriented roles.” Read PMI’s 2017 Job Growth and Talent Gap report. “22 million new project-oriented jobs will be created between 2017 and 2027.” Read PMI’s 2018 Jobs Report.
In mid 2020 LinkedIn lists project management jobs as #3 in the top 10 jobs identified as having the greatest number of openings, steady growth, and a livable wage. See their free courses and job listings.