Building on the success of the previous editions, An Introduction to Project Management, Seventh Edition introduces a uniquely effective combination of features. The main changes include the following:
- The text has been updated to include key information from PMI’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition. PMI has stated that the sixth edition and the Agile Practice Guide are still valid, so information is still included from them as well.
- PMI did publish Process Groups: A Practice Guide in late 2022 (2023 copyright date). I did review the process groups and outputs, and they are identical to those found in the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition.
- Examples of using predictive, agile, and hybrid approaches to project management are integrated throughout the text.
- A new running case is added in addition to the Just-in-Time Training project—Global Construction Human Capital project—to illustrate differences between using a more predictive and more agile approach to managing projects.
- The previous edition’s Chapter 10, Best Practices, is replaced with a new Chapter 10, PMP® and Other Certifications.
- Updated examples, references, and user feedback is incorporated.
- The free book website has been updated. New information will be added to the site as needed, and the Links tab will be continuously updated to keep readers informed on topics like certification, leadership, etc.